Pump start relay and pressure switch

Users who are viewing this thread

RickDes

Reaction score
Some time ago there was a post about someone who was pumping from a pond for his irrigation system and had to install a pump start relay system because he had a problem with failed pressure switches. The problem was he also had hoses attached for some local watering, and once he installed the PSR his hoses obviously would not work. I now have that same problem. My pressure switch keeps sticking and causes my pump to stay on continually sometimes causing my pump to fail/leak/lose its prime. My irrigation company wants to install a PSR system. I also use the pump to water my garden, which is not part of my irrigation system. There was a member or guest who said he hired an electrician who was able to wire an on/off switch to the pressure switch so he could still use his hoses. Anybody know how to do this wiring so I can find an electrician who might be able to help me do this?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Seriously, if an electrician cannot figure it out, don't hire them. I suggest a crank timer that will turn it off if you forget to.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
If your irrigation system is for yard use only, dump the pressure tank and get an irrigation pump. However, to use it for garden hoses, need a pressure tank or do not place a nozzle on the hose.

Has the pressure switch ever been replaced? Are you sure the pressure tank bladder is good. Older tanks without bladders could be saturated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks