Pulse Tru-Temp. HELP - Shower Valve Handle Too Short

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff Rife

Reaction score
My shower wall is thicker than expected and this pulse shower valve does not have any handle extension options. When the handle is on it hits the trim piece. Is there such a thing as a concave or recessed aftermarket trim piece to solve this problem? I cannot find anything in stores or google searches. Thanks in advance.

Jeff

valve 2.jpg
Valve1.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Is this the valve you have?

pulse-truetemp-parts-01.jpg

pulse-truetemp-parts-03.jpg

Looks to be 2" from finished wall to back of valve here. And maybe some room to slide the wall plate some.

pulse-showerspas-3001-riv-pb-bn.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
You may have to fashion some sort of alternate way for the screws to mount to.. maybe some plywood that a couple stainless steel screws work into through the faceplate.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yeah. I messed up my girlfriends shower by removing the bracket that accepts the screws so that I could place the valve inset into a stud.. wasn't thinking too well.. So I was able to fashion half the bracket to accept one of the OEM screws, but the other side I used a stainless wood screw into the stud. I used my dremel to scuff the surface to slightly better match the brushed nickel of the trim.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks