Pricing Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Buddy Rabon

Reaction score
Fellow plumbing owners. Im looking to update my plumbing pricing rates and was wondering what most of you go by as far as a pricing guide? Ive been in business for 20 years and I know im falling behind on my rates and time to upgrade.Do yall use flat rate or t&m?What invoice system are you guys using? Thx

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
basically flat rate sometimes ill give a range estimate or tell them Im x number of dollars on labor for a job plus parts .
I just use handwritten invoices

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm no plumber but rates vary around the country. I'm in Orlando area, east of the city and Disney. Calling around I had some had higher prices.

I had to hire one a few years (2019) ago remodeling the main bathroom. I already remove the tub and changing over from single sink to double. $1700 for the rough in's including setting the new tub. Came back to finish up $650. Install the toilet, finish the tub faucet, complete the sink stops. I did not have the counter top just yet. No complaints from me. The rough in was done in about three hours, about the same for the second visit. All well worth it for me.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I dont think he was asking for our rates or specifics it was how we determine our prices and if we go flat rate or hourly.
Service plumbing is a whole differant animal flat rate is very popular because you can charge far more , If a plumber was upfront but charged 500 an hour he would have trouble gaining a customer base but flat rate no one cares hence more money in flat rate

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
It depends on the application.

As an "expert witness" I charge $500 per hr with a minimum of 7 hours and this covers going to the accident scene and writing up an affidavit of what I found.

Going to a deposition or going to court is based on a 7 hr charge.

Sewer and drain clearing are a flat rate up to one hr and any time passed that is billed at $350 per half hr.

New construction or alterations is a contract price.

Roof drain replacement is flat rate $1,200 -$1,500 and any piping below the slab is charged T&M

I did use means pricing system for plumbing and fire suppression work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks