Price-Pfister Avanti cartridge removal tools or tricks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Website
www.sandpiperplumbing.com
Me again. My town is dominated by 90+% Moen products. But, I've got a service call coming up in a day or two, customer wants me to replace two Price-Pfister Avanti shower cartridges. I've seen very few of these in my career and usually dread having to pull them as they're usually stuck and take forever to pull so...was wondering if anyone has a trick to yanking these things oro if anyone has built a P-P cartridge puller that I could copy and use.

ruthie06

Reaction score
avanti cartridge removal

Hi, I realize this thread is almost a year old and that no one responded, but did you ever figure out a trick to removing the old cartridge? We are yanking on that thing and it is stuck! It is inside a thinkg that has threads. Should I put some CLR in the threads, hoping it will seep in and loosen the outer part of the cartridge a bit, and then try pulling again?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You screw the screw from the handle back in a couple of threads, then grab it with your pliers, push the stem in, then QUICKLY yank it back out. May have to repeat a few times but it will come out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks