Pressure Tank location

Users who are viewing this thread

Ra Chel Thompson

Reaction score
Never installed a pressure tank this far from a house before what are your suggestions ? House is 1500 ft. from well and there are two homes running off the one well. The other home is just 50 ft from the well.

Reach4

Reaction score
What is the altitude difference? It is probable that you will only have a pressure tank one place, and the pressure switch will be at that place.

You would run a big pipe between.

Ra Chel Thompson

Reaction score
T
What is the altitude difference? It is probable that you will only have a pressure tank one place, and the pressure switch will be at that place.

You would run a big pipe between.
There is 1" pipe and the elevation difference is very slim

Reach4

Reaction score
T

There is 1" pipe and the elevation difference is very slim
Using http://www.pressure-drop.com/Online-Calculator/ I would predict over 50 psi pressure loss at 10 gpm through 1 inch pipe. The choices could include having a maybe a 100/120 PSI water pressure and a pressure reducing valve at each house, or to have a booster pump and other stuff at the far house. I am not a pro. A booster is a complexity you would probably want to avoid.

At 6 gpm, there would be about a 21 psi drop through 1 inch pipe. That could be tolerable... have 55/75 at the first house.

With a 2 inch pipe, the pressure drop would only be about 2 psi. With 1.5 inch pipe, about 8 PSI drop...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks