pressure tank location

Users who are viewing this thread

cat

Reaction score
where to put this thing in new construction? NC coast, mild winters, new 75' well, submersible pump, 40 gal pressure tank. My plumber wants to put it in a little 'well house', I want to put it in closet on covered porch with water heater/ water softener/ washer/ dryer, 55' from well. does it really matter where it goes?
Cat

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Somewhere it won't freeze...and you can work on it easily when the time comes. Keep in mind, you need to be able to get it out to put a new one back!

cat

Reaction score
plumber seemed to imply that the extra distance of drawing water would matter. of course it will be protected from the elements and from freezing and accessible for service/ replacement.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm With You, Cat

You will have better system response if you put the pressure tank nearer the user rather than nearer the pump. There is no problem putting the tank some distance away from the pump as long as the pressure switch is near the tank.

The pump has lots of pressure capability, but your system has to work from the lowest pressure setting of the pressure switch.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks