Pressure switch stuck open?

Users who are viewing this thread

GKofTX

In the Trades
Reaction score
Today I had no water coming from my well. The gauge showed almost 0 and the well had electricity. I then "tap" the pressure switch with my ball cap, and the well started up and cut off at 60. Things seems to be normal now.

Thoughts and what might be the problem? What do I need to do to prevent this from reoccurring? Is there any maintenance to a pressure switch.

Thanks

George

Bannerman

Reaction score
Remove the pressure switch to inspect and clean out or replace the nipple that the pressure switch is mounted on. If the nipple or the tank Tee the nipple is threaded to is blocked with debris, the PS may not reliably sense the pressure within the water system. If there is no blockage, then replace the pressure switch.

Reach4

Reaction score
Thoughts and what might be the problem? What do I need to do to prevent this from reoccurring? Is there any maintenance to a pressure switch.
If yours is outdoors, I would think you would want to take steps to keep the bugs out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks