Pressure fine GPM very low

Users who are viewing this thread

stanfran

Reaction score
My well feeding my irrigation was fine yielding 20-25 GPM. All of a sudden one day it dropped to 6 GPM. I have a 60-80 cycle with a 150psi wellxtrol tank. The pressure is the same as it always has been and continues a 2-3 minute cycle on and off. My irrigation guy thinks its a pump issue but I have trouble believing that because we are getting 6 GPM when pressure is full and pump is off. Last month I would get 25 GPM when pump was off, How can pressure be normal and GPM is down so much?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
How are you measuring the 6 GPM or 25 GPM? If the pump is reaching 80 and shutting off, it is pumping more water than you are using. If the pump or well was only making 6 GPM and you try to use 20-25 GPM, the pressure would drop to zero and you would only have a trickle out the 25 GPM zone.

Maybe a clogged filter or partially closed valve?

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you are saying that the pressure gauge reads 60 or more while you have a reduced-flow symptom. That would mean the problem is not the pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks