Poly Pipe Identification

Users who are viewing this thread

J.M.

Reaction score
I'm putting in a lawn irrigation system. A couple of years ago I was putting in some shrubs and ran across my water main. It looked like 1 or 1 1/4 PVC. I stored that info away for a while then dug it up again today, but in a slightly different spot, closer to my house, to T into it for the sprinkler. I found the PVC again without much problem, but I was surprised to see the PVC ended and there was a smaller, poly pipe running inside the PVC that continued on inside the house. It looks to be about 3/4". There is no junction at the end of the PVC. The pipe is just using the PVC as a sleeve. It is a somewhat dark green pipe with 2 white stripes running the length of the pipe. I have no idea what type of pipe it is. My house was built in 1994. I don't want to cut my water main then start looking for fittings to T into it, so I am trying to figure out what type of pipe it is before I cut it.

To recap:
About 3/4"
slab foundation
green with 2 white stripes
available in the 1990's

If anyone knows what pipe this is I would love to know.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks