Plumbed Coffee Makers (residential)

Users who are viewing this thread

Rossn

Reaction score
Hoping you all can shed some very high level info on the topic of plumbed coffee makers for me. Admittedly, I'm not a coffee drinker, but my wife is.

She doesn't have a plumbed coffee maker now, but as part of the remodel wants to be able to accommodate one in the future. She doesn't have one picked out, either. I went to poke around at different mfg's and their install manuals, and just got more disoriented.

For either countertop or built-in semi-fancy coffee makers (let's say $1000-$2500), are these units generally offering plumbed options or is that really only after you get up to the uber fancy $8k ones?

If yes, are they typically using both water supply and a drain, or just a water supply?

I know it's a little vague, but just trying to get a sense of the possibilities and likelihood of needing a drain.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Here's a built in. But what are her requirements? Coffee makers i know there hundreds. Like walking into Best Buy for a phone , camera or a tv coming out with your head spinning. Might want to investigate a new kitchen designer they should be part of this process along with your wife.
://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HDLBTC/ref=sspa_mw_detail_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwp13NParams

Reach4

Reaction score
Some like to feed the coffee maker with the output a reverse osmosis system. RO water should only pass thru plastic pipe and fittings.

Rossn

Reaction score
The ones I did install had just filtered water supply no drains.

Low cost 'plumbed' models I've not encountered with a drain, just water.

Here's a built in. But what are her requirements? Coffee makers i know there hundreds. Like walking into Best Buy for a phone , camera or a tv coming out with your head spinning. Might want to investigate a new kitchen designer they should be part of this process along with your wife.
://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HDLBTC/ref=sspa_mw_detail_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwp13NParams
Thanks, guys. Sounds like a drain is highly unlikely, and that was the part that would be a hassle, but need to happen now. She's working on picking out a couple options now, and looking like plumbing is nil and electrical isn’t anything special. Some of the ones I had looked at myself previously had special requirements for electrical and plumbing, but the non-coffee drinker shouldn’t be picking out the coffee maker!

Rossn

Reaction score
Some like to feed the coffee maker with the output a reverse osmosis system. RO water should only pass thru plastic pipe and fittings.
Thanks. Definitely noted on the corrosiveness of the water with copper.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks