Please recommend strong washing machine hoses

Users who are viewing this thread

Billitt

Reaction score
With Floodchek out of business, I'm trying to find the strongest/most dependable washing machine hoses I can find.
HD/Lowes reviews show a lot of pictures of failures in stainless steel braided hoses, supposedly soon after installation.
I've thought of using fittings on hydraulic hoses, but those that I've seen are only 1/4" ID.
thanks!
Bill

Last edited:

buckyswider

Reaction score
Hi there, I know this is a couple years old...bumping because I have the exact same question. I have to replace my 15 year old 2nd floor laundry center that has had Floodchek installed since day one- zero issues. Hoping to find and equivalent or better. It's possible I'll end up with a one piece LG "washtower", and I really don't want to think about pulling that beast out of this tiny closet every 5 years just to proactively replace hoses as per the recommendation. Floodchek, we hardly knew ye!!!

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
While I think Fluidmaster’s 5 year warranty is an industry standout, still, it has probably neoprene rubber inner liner, so, you’ll not likely find better.

mikejames962

Reaction score
Considering hydraulic hoses with fittings is a creative approach, but check for compatibility. Exploring alternative options or reinforced braided hoses may offer strength. Your diligence in finding the most dependable solution is commendable.

buckyswider

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Breplum, I can't find any Fluidmaster product that has a neoprene inside- all seem to be pvc wrapped with a stainless braid. There's another brand (Eastman) that is supposedly three layer (pvc/stainless/pvc sheathing). All claim to be burst proof, but each and every one has reviews claiming they failed within a short period. I can't tell what's good and what's not. I think there's a market out there for someone who wants to take up the Floodchek mantra.

I remember the floodchek marketing was not so much about the materials themself, but moreso postulating that the typical failure was where the fitting was crimped/connected to the hose.

Still searching to see if I can find a product that distinguishes itself from the rest.

Eman85

Reaction score
Best thing I did was install a single lever washer shutoff and it gets shut after wash is done and not turned on until it's time to wash.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks