Planning for winter and backwashing PVC drain piping...

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumbingnoob

Reaction score
I have a PVC drain line discharging above grade along the side of the house. The pipe leaves the house and runs parallel with the side of the house for about 6 feet then 90's away from the house for about 10 feet and the line ends (backwash water just dumps on grass). When the PVC pipe runs through the wall of the house to exterior it is approximately one foot above grade. At the end of the drain line it is a couple of inches above the ground (approximately one foot below where the exterior PVC pipe starts).

I am wondering if pipe freezing has to be considered and if so what are the best methods to prevent an exterior above grade PVC pipe from freezing?

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Use an anti sihpon devise inline on the drain pipe. This will allow the water to flow out of the drain pipe preventing it from freezing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks