Pipes are hammering

Users who are viewing this thread

Iceman_pdx

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just joined cause I need some help. Piping in my house is hammering big time. At first I thought I had to much pressure, I measured it at outside spicket. 80 #. I crawled underneath and found my PRV and adjusted it, but I noticed a Tee ahead of the valve. outside spickets are higher pressure. I guess I shouldn't of measured it there, instead at the WH. So then I thought it might be cause I'm using outside spicket's cause I've been working on the lawn last few months, but nope. I'm getting hammering if I'm not using them, I just flushed a bathroom toilet and lines are hammering. If I go open the kitchen faucet it bleeds air and stops. Same thing if I'm using the outside spickets the house hammers but if I open a fixture or flush a toilet it goes away, but it will come back. Is there something I can install to fix this? I also have water collecting out front near where my main comes in. Its under a monster tree with huge ass roots, I don't know if I have a leak or its something else? Any suggestions? I don't anything about expansion tanks or Areators or probably even how to spell it LOL

Thanks

Last edited:

Iceman_pdx

Reaction score
Oh and I need to crawl back under house and adjust PRV back to where it was. 50# its lower now but hammering didn't go away

Iceman_pdx

Reaction score
Oh and I need to crawl back under house and adjust PRV back to where it was. 50# its lower now but hammering didn't go away
House is 20 years old been here for 4 years no issues prior.

L
House is 20 years old been here for 4 years no issues prior.
Looks like I figured it out. In last year I have changed out the WH, and I turned it off and still hammering, but I changed the fill valve out in my master bath, so I turned toilet off and that was it. No more hammering. Looks like I have a bad fill valve or the wrong fill valve. I learned something

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks