Pilot does not turn on every morning

Discussion in 'Tankless Water Heater Forum' started by troyellis, Apr 20, 2017.

1. troyellis

troyellis New Member

Got a brand new Rheem tankless instant water heater. First thing in the morning upon turning on the shower, the pilot will not light up unless I manually go to the heater and touch the battery compartment. Then for the rest of the day, it is just fine, water heats up all the time. Batteries are brand new. Has anyone heard of something this odd, and if so, what do I do?

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

I don't know your water heater, and your symptom is weird. For a new unit, don't lose your receipt. You may want to call Rheem, since they might be familiar with quirks.

Tell us about this touch.

What kind of batteries are they (2 C cells, or what?) I am wondering if the contacts lightly oxidize, and your touch is not totally gentle.

I am wondering if grounding the WH would help.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement