PH in well water related to depth

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevin Crawford

EZ Generator Switch
Reaction score
I have a 3 year old 500' well with a static level of 70', We have methane, iron bacteria and a PH of 8.5/9.0 First, Here is my set up and what I do : (the local area all having lousy water...but it tastes good ) In this order> I have two filters, one spiral and 5 micron filter , chlorine injection, 165 gal. storage tank with blower (removes methane same as it would for radon and some other smells) Re-Pressurized with a pump and tank then to a Iron filter and then to a neutralizer filter. The million dollar question>>> " does anyone know if the PF would change if I raise my pump lets say 100'? I do get some of the black grit in the spiral filter so this might help that also. I have well storage and I have inside storage so depth is not an issue

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks