Pfister parts needed for twist shower diverter

Users who are viewing this thread

Freddy C

Reaction score
Hi,

Thank goodness I found this site via search which turned up this:
https://terrylove.com/forums/index....cet-without-a-pop-off-cap-or-set-screw.77050/
I found an associated photo that covers my application.

Does anyone know where to find parts for single knob twist for bath shower (the screw in button for knob, the hot/cold indicator that goes behind the knob, the rubber gasket, and last but not least, the stem kit or o-ring kit for the bath/shower diverter stem?). The cartridge (4289 original) which eliminated the leak while off was replaced but the diverter stem has leaky o-rings and I've used round large o-ring temporarily (the original body o-ring which is probably 1-1.25 inches is a "flat" o-ring or it maybe got that way over time). The hole pattern is 5 hole, black in color.

The construction date of home was 1995, and I have used Avant Pfister 974-2920 type replacements on the sinks with same knobs (have these knobs all over my home with various Pfister faucets). I am not thrilled about the brass look, but would just like to restore what I have in use today as I'd like to keep the consistent look with all my fixtures although it is dated (providing I can get things looking new again). Anyone know where to recycle the knobs (haha) when I eventually replace all 15 of them (each knob is brass and quite hefty to say the least and the craftsmanship is unreal).

Thank you!

Freddy

Attachments

• pfister-knob.jpg
    pfister-knob.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 347

Freddy C

Reaction score
5 screws hold in the diverter valve instead of 4 at each corner. It is a single handle as shown in the photo.

Freddy C

Reaction score
Hello,

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 4.30.43 PM.png

It took me a while and I apologize...it wasnt dire as this gets used a couple of times a year. Does this flange look familiar to anyone?

Freddy

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks