PEX T barb connector

Users who are viewing this thread

digidep

Reaction score
Does a PEX T barb connector like the one attached reduce flow? Note, PEX is 3/4.

The plumber for the irrigation system installed this off the main line into the home. City does not allow them to go off meter.

20160723_151006.jpg

I'm concerned about the flow being reduced for the home.

Any professionals have an opinion?

Thanks in advanced.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It does, but a single one like that makes such a small change that you would never notice it, unless you are using a huge amount of water and have a sensitive gauge. I would have used a copper one which has thinner walls and a larger 'bore" through it. I would want to see more of the piping to determine whether he installed the proper backflow preventer ahead of the system.

digidep

Reaction score
Even if this is on the main supply to the home?

The backflow isn't installed yet, this is just the supply line. Back flow will be installed off this line.

I can post some more pictures in a couple weeks when it is installed.

Flapper

Reaction score
It does, but it is so extremely negligible, you can say it doesn't. It will never make a difference. Don't worry about it.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks