One well, two pumps, CSV set up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Greenmountain

Reaction score
I have two houses on one well.
Currently have a pump in the well pressurizing a pressure tank in the lower house. Have one CSV currently mounted just above the well pump. Pressure switch cuts in around 42psi and cuts out around 62psi.

The main waterline from the well tees off to each house deep underground, so I do not have easy access to that tee.

I would like to add a check valve, jet pump, and another pres tank for the upper house to maintain good pressure for use in the upper house and further up the hill, and to help reduce some of the load on the well pump and hopefully extend its life.

Is there an optimal way to set this up? Would a 2nd CSV for the jet pump be desirable?

Bannerman

Reaction score
All of the water will continue to be delivered by the submersible pump in the well. All a jet pump could do is boost the pressure being delivered by the submersible pump.

You didn't specify the elevation difference between the two houses.

Suggest if the inlet pressure delivered to the CSV from the submersible pump is currently substantially greater than 80 psi, replace the pressure switch with one calibrated for 60/80 psi or higher. Adjust the CSV for 70 psi or higher depending on the pressure tank size. Assuming the CSV is currently adjusted to deliver 52 psi constant, raising the pressure setting will increase the pressure delivered to both homes by an additional 18 psi with no booster pump needed.

If the pressure delivered to the lower is too high (80 psi max), a pressure regulating valve (PRV) may be installed after the pressure tank, within the supply line to the lower house. With the Tee after the CSV to supply both houses, that will allow full pressure directly from the CSV to feed the upper house, and the PRV will reduce the supply pressure only to the lower house.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks