No water pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Rod McKnight

Reaction score
You fellas have been great in the past when I am at my wits end so I am back again to pick your brains. A few hours ago we lost power to the house but only for a few minutes. The power cycled on and off a few times before it finally became stable. Went to run some water in the sink and nothing. Went down to the basement and the Grundfos C301 controller shows that it is pumping but pressure gauge behind pressure tank shows 0 psi. Killed the breaker to the pump and controller for 15 minutes and still not building pressure. No errors on the C301 and I checked pump input voltage and voltage going out to the pump and both sides show 240. The pump being controlled by the controller is a Grundfos variable speed pump that sits in a 1000 gallon cistern and the cistern is full. Pump was just replaced last year so pretty sure the power fluctuation caused this issue. Is there some kind of protection circuit that has been tripped on this pump and I just need to be patient and let her sit awhile?

Regards!

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Being very susceptible to power fluctuations is just one of many problems with the computerized variable speed type pumps. Try connecting the two wires from the motor directly to the 240 breaker. If it doesn't run with direct power to the motor something is wrong down hole. Won't have any pressure control that way so don't leave it on that way.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks