No water after softener install

Users who are viewing this thread

awschubert

Reaction score
So I have a new home and am installing a softener on the existing loop. Went thru followed all the instructions and got everything installed successfully. It was getting late so left the system in bypass for the night. Everything was flowing just fine when I left last night. Today came home to run the initial setup and calibration and regeneration on the system and once the process was complete and turned the system to run thru the house out of bypass mode I have no water in the house with the exception of the kitchen faucet and one bathtub. Everything else has no water just a little trickle at most.
I verified the in and out were correct, double and triple checked all the connections and everything is good on the softener side but even in bypass mode now I am not getting any water into the house aside from the one tub and kitchen sink.
Any advice?

GReynolds929

Reaction score
Is it possible that you got resin into your plumbing and clogged everything up? I've seen it happen before. Maybe shut water off and take out a cartridge or undo an aerator.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Triple check the flow direction, run the system through a couple of complete regenerations. What system do you have?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks