New WELLXTROL issue or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ricardo Ferreira

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question was hoping you guys could help me out.. I just had a water pressure tank installed however I noticed it has a manufacture date of 2014 which is 7 years ago would that bother you? Any issues with this? I just want to know if they’re trying to pull a quick one and if this would be a concern to you if you had this happen, the price was also 1250 so I’m not sure if maybe they reflected the age of the tank in their price atleast and they were trying to get it done cheaper for themselves and myself?? Anything helps, thank you I appreciate it

Reach4

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question was hoping you guys could help me out.. I just had a water pressure tank installed however I noticed it has a manufacture date of 2014 which is 7 years ago would that bother you?
Not a bit.

Do check or adjust the air precharge annually, although it may not need it that often. Air precharge is always set and changed with the water pressure zero. With a submersible pump, the air precharge is typically set to 2 psi below the cut-in pressure. For a jet pump, a wider difference is usually needed with 5 psi being fairly typical.

Do flush debris annually or more often if your well generates a lot of sediment.
Precharged Pressure tank flush:
1. Connect a hose to the sediment drain valve, and run that to where you plan to drain the water. I suggest filtering the output through a cloth if you suspect the sediment may include sand.
2. Turn off the pump.
3. Open the drain valve, and let it drain until the water stops. It would be possibly interesting to watch the first water that comes out.
4. Close the valve, and turn the pump back on, and let pressure build.
5. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 a time or two.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
It would bother me to pay 1250 for a 500 dollar tank that is already out of warranty. WellXtrol has a 7 year warranty from the date code on the tank. It would also bother me if someone installed a big tank and didn't tell me cycling the pump on and off too much is what causes the bladder in the tank to go bad, and that there are ways to solve the cycling problem that only requires a 4.5 gallon size and $75 pressure tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks