New Moen 62300 valve, low pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Jbell1033

Reaction score
I attempted to replace the cartridge in our Delta T13022 because it had not been done in many, many years and was leaking. Due to the hard water in Phoenix it was corroded beyond repair. I called my local plumber who has done good work for us over the years on projects beyond my skills.

The retro repair required some tile removal, but the large cover plate covers perfectly. The kit installed was the Chateau Chrome Posi-Temp® Eco-Performance Tub/Shower. Anyway, the problem is the water pressure with the new valve is about half of that with the Delta. The shower head is like a Waterpik handheld. It was not changed out and I had removed the flow restrictor years ago.

Any idea why the pressure would be so different?

Thanks for your thoughts.
John

1F8760F8-5BE1-4E13-96FE-F4BC10F4BC1F.jpeg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The valve should start off cold, and when rotated to the left, (counter clockwise) it gets hot.
If it starts off hot, the cartridge needs to be spun 180 degrees.

Jbell1033

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I solved the problem before the plumber came back. During the installation there was a lot of banging on the tile and pipes to make room for the new valve. This banging dislodged lots of small debris which then collected and clogged the small screen inside the massage shower head. Discovered as I took the entire shower head apart. Cleaned, reassembled, great pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks