Need some assistance with a Chem Free Iron Buster

Users who are viewing this thread

Bannerman

Reaction score
You have a POSITIVE Coliform Bacteria result.

Your family should stop ingesting the water until that issue is addressed. Chlorine as a disinfectant or UV light treatment are common methods to deal with bacterial contamination.

Bannerman

Reaction score
Total coliforms and E.coli are used as separate indicators to measure the degree of pollution and sanitary quality of well water. Total coliforms is a broad test which includes bacteria that are found in the soil, in water that has been influenced by surface water, and in human or animal waste.

A private well places the owner in the position of responsibility for the household's drinking water safety. There is no municipality or water company that is responsible. The Positive analysis report indicates a potential problem so it needs to be investigated to determine the cause.

http://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/Departments/h-s/pdf/en/HealthyEnvironments/water/Coliforme.pdf

https://www.health.ny.gov/environmental/water/drinking/coliform_bacteria.htm

Reach4

Reaction score
It may be that animalmother224 did not sterilize the faucet used to draw the sample.

It is also possible that she did not sanitize the well in plumbing in even the last 5 years.

animalmother224

Reaction score
I drew the water sample from the hose spigot that is on my pressure tank manifold as that is the first spot I could get raw water from. I let it run for approx 5 minutes before I drew the sample

Its been a little over a month since I dumped 1/2 gallon of bleach down my well casing.

not sure what direction to go now..

, I totally missed that Total Coliform part. WE havnt been drinking the water anyway. Been getting bottled water since I installed the refreshed softener and rebuilt the iron buster head.

thanks for the links, thats some interesting stuff.

oh, and Im a dude.. lol!

JustaDIYer

Reaction score
I'd have the test redone for the bacteria. I had a water test done by this company too and it also came back Positive for coliform. We only used the water for cooking and dogs sometimes, we use RO for our drinking water. But we never had a problem. But i had another water sample tested by my county health dept ($6 i think).... came back negative. (also, i've been in house for just over 2 years and had well inspected and his test came back negative as well; so 2 negatives vs. one positive).

I pulled my water from a tap right after the pressure tank (pre softener) after letting it run for 5-8min and didn't touch bottle to tap.

just my 2 cents....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks