Navien CH-180 or 240 Asme purchase and install

Users who are viewing this thread

Van Island

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

This seems like a great resource to get answers I cannot get anywhere else. I am unable to find a plumber who can install the Tankless boiler/water heater combination units.
I'm located in Rockland County, about 10 minutes from the Tappan Zee bridge. If anyone can recommend a decent plumber I would appreciate it.

Regards,

Van

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
It's unusual to find situations where combi boilers are the "right" solution where it won't short-cycle on heating calls at condensing temps, yet still delivers acceptable hot water heating performance, but they exist. (If your house is cut up into a bunch of zones and the heat emitters are fin-tube baseboard you can have serious short-cycling issues at condensing temperatures.)

The best way to find an installer when you have a particular series or model in mind is to call the distributor and ask them to recommend someone near you who has installed them, or at least taken the factory training.

Van Island

Reaction score
It's unusual to find situations where combi boilers are the "right" solution where it won't short-cycle on heating calls at condensing temps, yet still delivers acceptable hot water heating performance, but they exist. (If your house is cut up into a bunch of zones and the heat emitters are fin-tube baseboard you can have serious short-cycling issues at condensing temperatures.)

The best way to find an installer when you have a particular series or model in mind is to call the distributor and ask them to recommend someone near you who has installed them, or at least taken the factory training.
Thank you, Dana

I appreciate the speedy response.
I have 2 zones in my house, the house is 2038 sq feet with the 2 car garage. I have a zone for upstairs and one downstairs. Baseboard heat is running in the house: downstairs about 40 feet with the bathroom included and upstairs about 80 feet.
Do you have a better recommendation, I was considering the Navien option because someone mentioned that they are very efficient.
Thanks again,
Your input is greatly appreciated.
Regards,

Van

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks