Mystery leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Samx5453

Reaction score
My water company notified me of a leak since I had non-stop water usage for 48hrs. I turned the water off and called my home warranty company. The plumber came out and i explained i could hear hissing behind the tub. I have a slab floor and 95% of the water is between the kitchen and bathroom wall. The plumber did not have me turn the water on so he could listen he just listened to me explain it and told me they would need to cut out the tub. The home warranty company would not cover them cutting it so I did it. Now that I have done it. I do not see the leak but I hear it still. Since the plumber did not test where the leak is first can I make them replace the tub? If they have to do the drywall this time can I make them do it this time?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
If the leak is above the slab, you should see water or dampness, even mildew. It's probably below the slab.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Dont understand the drywall question? The bath tub I dont know they gave you free advice and you followed it, you get a refund refund on free advice? I think you are screwed but whether they might feel a liability to help out is your guess. Sorry it sounds wrong but you tore the tub out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks