Moen Motionsense cartridge replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The new Moen Motionsense faucets use a 1255 Duralast cartridge.
The replace the cartridge, you will need to loosen the faucet and lift it high enough to use the supplied allen wrench that comes with the replacement 1255 cartridge.

moen_motionsense_arbor_1.jpg

The Allen wrench fits in from below.

moen_motionsense_arbor_2.jpg

Or if you have room behind, you can pivot the handle. This faucet was against a wall, so therefore it needed the securing nut under the countertop loosened.

moen_motionsense_arbor_3.jpg

It's the long part of the Allen that is inserted.

moen_1255_spec.jpg

The 1255 has three ridges, so you can mess it up when installing. It only goes in one way.

moen-1255-terrylove-1.jpg

Last edited:

Ben Bordeleau

Reaction score
moen-motionsense.jpg

Moen Arbor MotionSense faucet.
Hi Terry,
I have the same faucet and l’ve been looking for the handle dome. Do you by any chance have the part number of your faucet cause on the parts diagram that you included on your post, the handle and handle dome are for the current model but not for the older version like yours or mine. I already look at the Moen web site and no luck, the refer to the newest handle.

Ben

NEOHMatt

Reaction score
So I’ve got one of these Motionsense faucets. Had it I for a little over a year now. Recently the handle started to slide around. Figured it was the set screw so check that, nope that was tight. Figured it was maybe the cartridge nut, but nope, that was right too. The cartridge will move around even with the nut tight. Any ideas what might be wrong?

moen-1255-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks