Minimum Restroom Requirements In Commercial Building (Mercantile)?

Users who are viewing this thread

PM5K

Reaction score
I don't see a ton of commercial questions here, but I figure qualified people know the answers even if those questions haven't been asked.

Is a bathroom required for a commercial facility operating as a mercantile? The code seems to say so, 1 WC per 500 which I assume means you need at least one up to 500, once you go over 500 you need two, etc. Also even if you only have 25, you still need one. What throws me off is it says you need a drinking fountain, 1 per thousand?

What about shared facilities through a neighboring commercial establishment?

PM5K

Reaction score
You are correct sir. After many calls we found the answer. They also mentioned concerns about theft as well.

I believe they distinguish between shared and common. Also, regarding the water fountain, code says mercantile with 15 or less is not required, local code amends it to 30.

Seems like one of the hardest parts of being a trade is knowing, and keeping up with code.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks