Mini Split / HWH

Users who are viewing this thread

Coopns

Reaction score
Replaced oil burner that died with heat pumps and Rheeme Hybrid HW. A/C was great but now in MA getting cold and the electric heating bill was crazy $800, on 67. Wouldn't do it again, not enough heat and we have very open living area. I know, set it and forget it and know a bit more after reading threads here.
Power was out yesterday and we thought after upgraded electric panel to 200 amp we assumed that the heat pump/HWH were on the Champion 7500 genny. Just found out the splits/HWH are NOT on gen and it can't handle them. So I guess will get a few space heaters and plug in to run off genny when power is out.
Are there any options to run the Rheeme Hybrid HWH off Gen or a more powerful gen or a separate gen?

Fitter30

Reaction score
We use a 7k peak champion generator for emergency power converted to lp. Have a lp cast stove 34k btu for emergency heat. Run a well pump, refrigerator, electric water heater, tv, internet, some lights and a ceiling fan not at the same time. Not knowing the sizes of the heat pumps, hwh, and anything else you want run you might need 19 kw or larger generator. This site has a lot of good info

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
a bigger generator or second generator solves half the problem. it dosent do a thing to help with high energy cost. Generaly I think gas heat is cheaper than electric , but easy enough to figure out. We have this crazy thing called tiers you use so much electricity and instead of rewarding you they penalize you by raising your KWH rate the more you use trhe higher youre rate goes I think our max is triple the rate something like that

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks