Microscopic leak from compression fitting on refrigerator line

Users who are viewing this thread

incubusfan

Reaction score
Looking to split the water supply behind my fridge and route to my coffee maker as pictured. All the other connections are watertight with no leakage whatsoever, however this one connection is dripping about 5 drops an hour. The leakage seems to be coming from the connector side and not the male splitter side.

I have tried tightening by hand, +1/2, and as tight as humanly possible still with residual weeping. Tried with/without Teflon tape. I have swapped out the hose as well, should I try a third hose or new splitter? Any putty that may help?

Thanks in advance for any assistance as I am a new DIY'er!

Hose: https://www.lowes.com/pd/EASTMAN-10...t-Stainless-Steel-Ice-Maker-Connector/3196995

Splitter: https://www.lowes.com/pd/B-K-1-4-in-Compression-Tee-Fitting/1000505441

Attachments

• IMG_1701.jpg
    IMG_1701.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1700.jpg
    IMG_1700.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 44

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Teflon is inappropriate for those connections. They rely either on ground joint connection or use an internal rubber washer. If it leaks, it must be wholly replaced.
I've never seen a brass tee needing to be replaced.

incubusfan

Reaction score
It ended up being a faulty hose. Used a THIRD hose, no Teflon, hand tightened + 1/2, did the trick.
Thank you!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
ive taken the tape off and it fixed itself befor. yes totally incorrect use of the teflon tape

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks