Master Bath Reno Cost Opinions

Users who are viewing this thread

Jason Kay

Reaction score
Wanted to get opinions on this quote. I'm in Northern NJ. It's for Labor only. I've received other quotes, but they include construction materials. I'm assuming $3K on top of this quote for construction materials to compare to other quotes. I received 4 quotes total. This one, another for about the same price. 1 for $45-50K and 1 for $53K. This quote was by far the most detailed.

This is a master bath, about 130 sq. ft.
TL:DR $29,500 Labor Only
1Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 8.55.14 AM.png
2Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 8.55.28 AM.png
3Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 8.55.36 AM.png
4Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 8.55.50 AM.png

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
TL DR... it sounds like a general contractor who also does plumbing, electrical, sheetrock and tile work.

There is no way someone can cross check their bid in an area that they don't work in.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Buddy, if You hand anyone $14,500 up front,
you ought to get your head examined.....:eek::eek:
I dont care if he is your best freind , your priest or your rabbi
you dont hand anyone that kind of money up front....

THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN TRUST THIS PERSON IS IF THEY ACCEPT A CREDIT CARD!!!! If they take plastic then you have 60 days to dispute and claw back the money if they never show up and skip town or just do a crappy job....

If You are stupid enough to hand him a check , then you are BONED and you are a fool that truly deserves a good stiff screwing....o_Oo_O;)

If he does not take plastic and balks at you about "a loss of trust" and "no feelings of good will" and he "thought we were friends" ,, tell him to get the hell out of your house because odds are that he probably does not even have a bank account--- odds are he is a " fly by night "

does that tell you something???

do you understand my warning>>??

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks