Mansfield 160 flush valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Madarr

Reaction score
I am working on a Mansfield 160 toilet. The top threaded center part of the flush valve is broken off into the stop cap so the stop cap cannot be threaded onto the flush valve.

I have searched google and found no info on replaced the center part of the flush valve other than a complete replacement which requires tank removal.

Does anyone have info on repairing this without a complete flush valve replacement / tank removal?

The only thing I can see I could try is to use expoxy.

PS - this is my first experience with a Mansfield toilet. I am used to toilets with flappers
Thanks

Peterson

Reaction score
You'll have to replace the tower. Luckily, you can buy those towers at Lowes or Home Depot. If it's just the stop cap that is broken, you might just have to use the stop cap on the new tower you bought instead of disassembling the entire tank.

GReynolds929

Reaction score
If you end up replacing the flush valve install a standard type flush valve with a flapper.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks