Main Power Supply Move

Users who are viewing this thread

Asmart82

Reaction score
I have a tree growing into the power supply to my house. Would I call the power company or an electrician to move this line? I do not want to cut the tree down. Moving the line to the other side of the tree will solve the problem.

Reach4

Reaction score
I would start with the power company, and they will probably tell you to call an electrician. The exception where the power company might do it itself would be if they could route the wires to come into the same weather head.

One thing to consider is going to an underground service entrance. That is the more elegant choice. Probably costs more, but it looks nice, and you know a branch/tree is not going to fall on your own drop wire in a storm.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
An electrician would move the mast/meter and the utility would connect the wires to the new location, after an inspection and approval.

Last edited:

Speedy Petey

Licensed Electrical Contractor
Reaction score
If you are talking about the overhead drop to the house this is a utility issue, not an electrician. If they feel the tree needs to be trimmed they will either do it or request you do it.

If you don't want to trim the tree and have money to waste an electrician MIGHT be able to relocate the service riser to accommodate a new service drop. The utility may even charge you to move the drop since you already have an adequate drop to the house.

Agree with previous reply, going underground is the best way to go to eliminate any future tree issues and clean up the esthetics, but this is by far the most expensive option.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks