Low yielding well, local driller said they don't do frac'ing. Now what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Martin_Meyers

Reaction score
I have a low yielding well at one of the properties. The well was drilled in the 70's, it's only about 150ft deep. The local driller (original driller too) said they don't do hydraulic frac'ing. Now what are my options? The well produces about 2GPM. It did much more decades ago. I need more yield out of it for irrigation. It currently fills water tanks. Perhaps water jetting? but I'm not sure if they do that either.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
PVC or Steel casing and what size? Cased to bottom or just a piece up top? Perforated pipe or well screen? Any info you have on the well would help.

Martin_Meyers

Reaction score
I believe the steel casing goes down about 75 feet. This is the pic of the top:

Attachments

• well cap.jpg
    well cap.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 146

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
It is hard to do much rehab to a well if it is not cased all the way to bottom. The best you can probably do is blow it with a large compressor. I would run 2" pipe down the well and rent a big compressor to blow it out. Without casing even this has a chance of caving the well in. Might run a camera down the well and find out what you are dealing with first?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks