Loud Clicking from Pumpsaver Device

Users who are viewing this thread

kdt_ntexas

Reaction score
So I have a Littelfuse 233P-1.5 Pumpsaver that my well contractor installed. My well is a storage-tank design, with a down-hole pump going into a storage tank, then a booster pump and pressure tank going from the storage tank out to the water usage points.

The down hole pump is a 3/4 HP Goulds 7GS07 CSCR pump, and a CentriPro CSCR control box. At first, they did not have the CSCR box, and used a CS box temporarily for about 6 weeks until they could get the CSCR box.

Not long after the CSCR box was, this device began to make a loud clicking every second after it shuts off, about as loud as ... say ... a loud finger snap. It starts soft, barely audible, then grows louder. I am concerned that this is sending jolts of current to the motor, stopping and starting it, and (if so) that can't be good, so I turn the down-hole breaker off when it's not filling.

Also while it is doing this, the "RUN LIGHT" blinks (with each click) and the CAL LIGHT stays off.

I am am trying now to definitively determine whether this happens when the well is pumped out or when the storage tank is full (seems like it happens it both cases).

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You should call Littlefuse. It many have something to do with the CSCR box. It should not have power after the pump shuts off. So, I am thinking the running capacitor part of the CSCR box is holding a charge and discharging back to the Littlefuse device. Just guessing though.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Need this tool to diagnosis the 233
Informer by little fuse. A hand-held diagnostic tool that uses an infrared receiver to access information which can be helpful for troubleshooting the system

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks