Long time city dweller turned "country boy" having Water Well Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Recently our non-bladder expansion tank became waterlogged so the pump would start overcycling. It would run a few seconds then turn off, then turn right back on again for as long as the faucet was open.

From the information I've found on the internet, it seems I have more than one problem.

After draining the 42-gallon bladderless expansion tank and installing an NPT Schrader Valve, I was able to pressurize the tank with a bicycle tire pump, and things were back to "normal" for now, but I have a feeling the issue will return because nothing was actually fixed.

Giving the plumbing a good check it seems a few things are not right.

I suspect there is a problem with the air volume control and would like to replace it but I cannot find an exact replacement. Invensys 0718D

Then I noticed the AVC tubing is currently connected to the Water Pressure Switch instead of the AVC Port on the MSE-7 Pump.

Then I found that the Pump Pressure Regulator port that the Water Pressure Switch tubing was supposed to connect to was plugged.

Attachments

• Water Well Pump House.jpg
    Water Well Pump House.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Mazzei Air Injector 1.jpg
    Mazzei Air Injector 1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 31

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Why do you have three threads going for the same problem? Your first one got replies but it seems you abandoned it.

Reaction score
Why do you have three threads going for the same problem? Your first one got replies but it seems you abandoned it.
I didn't get any replies or views but I did post my own reply with added pictures. I figured nobody was interested about water wells so I posted in General section.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks