Log Cabin Rough in Pointers

Users who are viewing this thread

Hambone8780

Reaction score
Howdy Everyone, I really appreciate all of the time and knowledge you folks share here. Now it's time for me to try and put it into action on our self build cabin!
Do any of you have any suggestions or see violations in what I have so far? We're on the 2015 UPC in Island County, WA.
Here are a few of the quirks worth calling out:
- I have just enough vertical drop for a DWHR pipe under the bathroom, hence the need to run two pipes instead of combining everything. If there is some plumbing wizardry to combine those in the joist space, I'm all ears! It was beyond my novice skills to solve that one.
- I didn't account for the UPC aggregate vent rule when we got the roof on, and didn't include enough venting to start. Nor did I put it as high as I should have!

Thanks in advance for calling out any blunders before the inspector does!
CabinPlumbingLayout.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Island sink venting is incorrect might work but not code. the vent upstairs less than 6 inches above flood level has a provision in code when structural conditions prohibit rising above 6 inch flood level upon aprooval of inspector. Additionaly you may not connect the downstairs vents to the upstair lav less than 6 above flood level so if you and he belive that its the only way practical to vent it then it could pass inspection. so its 2 violations of the code on that vent one for running horrizontal and the other for connecting other vents to it.

probebly a good idea to add a vent out the roof for the lav rather than connect to the 2 inch . if you choose to meet aggregate vent size limit of code

Hambone8780

Reaction score
Thanks for the help! I took another hard look at what we have built and I can get the loft venting above the sink flood plane. I also fixed the island vent. Here's the latest plan, including fittings I think I'll need. Hopefully someone else finds this useful, and if I goofed something, please let me know!

Screenshot from 2023-07-17 08-47-54.png

Attachments

• CabinPlumbingFittings.pdf
    157 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks