Little "sugar" ants swarming from behind the bezel to the showerhead-on-a-hose

Users who are viewing this thread

AcidWater

Reaction score
I don't know why this is happening. Surely there is no food on the tiles or bathtub. We have a fancy Delta tub faucet with the two levers - on for on/off and the other remembers the temperature setting. The plumber who came to fix the jet pump could not take the valve apart in order to remove the bezel so could look behind it to see if there is a water leak. I hesitate to do it working from the installation instructions because you have to adjust it internally for pressure & temp so the fancy levers work correctly.

But why would they come into the open if they are just using a leak for moisture?

Reach4

Reaction score
I am presuming you are in the south.

I would use fipronil-based ant bait. The stuff for ants has a dose small enough that they can go back to the colony and feed the queen.

I mix my own. There is a high dilution needed if you make your own ant bait (0.001%). The cockroach formula is stronger (0.050%), and you could mix the cockroach bate with food the ants like at about 50:1 ratio, if I calculated correctly.

AcidWater

Reaction score
Crap, looking up from the basement I see water wetting the plywood floor underlayment

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Ants come in for moister and will eat through drywall compound. I've seen it in my own home. In the south it's usually "white footed ants". It can take about two weeks to eradicate them with the right bait.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Ants come in for moister and will eat through drywall compound. I've seen it in my own home. In the south it's usually "white footed ants" or ghost ants that come inside. It can take about two weeks to eradicate them with the right bait.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks