Limit Switches - please help me understand this

Users who are viewing this thread

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I must've read the website incorrectly. I thought it was a help forum. Needless to say, it's not very helpful. I managed to take apart my car with help from a forum and get it running, but I suppose HVAC help is harder to come by. I'll figure it out on my own, thanks for nothing.

Sorry you feel that way.

I was just poking Fun about your Member Name. I could not resist.

You see the same chart as I do, and if you do not understand it, then it may be best not to mess with it.

I hope the person coming over to help you today does a good job for you. At least you will have all of the information that is needed.

Good Luck.

BlondeInDisguise

Reaction score
Sorry you feel that way.

I was just poking Fun about your Member Name. I could not resist.

You see the same chart as I do, and if you do not understand it, then it may be best not to mess with it.

I hope the person coming over to help you today does a good job for you. At least you will have all of the information that is needed.

Good Luck.
It's okay, no hard feelings. I don't mind poking fun typically... Perhaps I jumped the gun on being upset by your comment, but since it came immediately following my question, it seemed like it could be pointing in the direction of an insult. Since you are saying it wasn't, and I am incorrect, then I apologize. I had also noticed somewhere further up in the comment line the other gentleman remarked that I must be "kidding". So, when I came for what I thought would be insightful help from people who know their stuff, I instead felt I was being belittled and mocked after those 2 comments. Again, since you didn't mean it that way, then no harm done.

Just thought I would also thank you again for the link to the Alpine booklet. I went through it and did my best without knowing how to temp rise, etc. I set the dip-switches once more on what I think is a 100% continuous fan and although the air feels a little bit cooler at times, the house warmed up and the system ran all night and all day today without issue. Then, HVAC guys came by about 30 min ago and said the dipswitches were correct and everything looked good. I think the problem may have come in when I closed the supply vent off to a back room in the house, when I already had a damper closed for another run to the laundry room. The tech said that we can close up to 10% of the air supply without it negatively impacting the system, or overheating and flipping one of the switches like it did. So, everything is worked out.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
That is cool. Nice that it worked out.

Please keep us informed if you have any other problems.

Terry's forums is a great place to learn a lot.

Some things are not good to play with. And hard to fix over the internet.

And a system that uses Gas is one of those.

I think Tom just wanted to come see you. lol

Not sure why you deleted all of your original Posts ?

Have Fun.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks