Leaking bathtub faucet. Need help identifying three handle variety.

Users who are viewing this thread

patternseverywhere

Reaction score
Bought a house in June and the main bath has really started leaking over the past month. Beginning to think about fixing it. Does this look familiar to anyone here?

yyDQE3o.jpg

CLxAISm.jpg

patternseverywhere

Reaction score
Price Pfister, now just Pfister, ceramic seal stem, which should NOT be leaking.

It's definitely leaking a small stream of cold water. Coming out of the tub faucet. I pulled out both stems and aside from being calcified there was nothing obviously wrong with either.

What makes you say they should NOT be leaking? What else could be causing my leak?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I said it "should not be leaking" because I don't think I have ever had to replace one because it was leaking, but then anything is possible. Because they are ceramic seals any defect has to be in the two surfaces that slide against each other, or a cracked disc.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks