Leak under kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

sm30

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a slow leak under my kitchen sink when the tap is on. It seems to be coming from the top of the threads shown in the picture below.

Can this be fixed by tightening it or would I need to replace certain parts?

under-sink.jpg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score

WorthFlorida

Solutions
Reaction score
The way the connecting nut show oxidation, it might be weeping from there. Using channel lock pliers try tightening the nut a little. It shouldn't move much.

Reach4

Reaction score
A new basket would be best. But if you want to try to fix what you have, loosen the nut that is just above your red arrow. Loosen the bottom nut if needed. Lift the basket enough to put stainless steel cauking under the top rim, inside the sink. Tighten again. Excess putty should extrude into the sink bowl. Remove the excess putty.

WorthFlorida

Solutions
Reaction score
The short brass tail piece should be ok to reuse. Remove the lower slip nut along with the brass nut and it should come out and using a SOS pad should clean it up. A container of plumbers putty would be needed. Plenty of YouTube video's on the subject if you never did one before.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks