Leak on new gxsh40v GE softener

Users who are viewing this thread

Bannerman

Reaction score
The Fleck 5600 has been available for many years as it is a good, reliable and well made valve. The SXT is the digital control for that valve whereas that same valve is also available with an older mechanical metered control but, it is close to the same price as the SXT so you may as well buy the SXT.

Fleck now offer a newer digital valve, the 7000 SXT, which is suitable for a broader range of softeners as it provides less flow restriction than the 5600. Either valve is appropriate for your situation.

Billthedummy

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good place to buy a Fleck 7000sxt that they know for sure uses either US or Canadian resin. I had intended to buy from Discountwatersofteners but one post said they tried to sell them another brand and they are in my state of Illinois which means 50 some dollars tax.
There website has Canadian resin for sale in bags but do they fill/ship their Flecks with the same? Thanks. Bill

Bannerman

Reaction score
There website has Canadian resin for sale in bags but do they fill/ship their Flecks with the same?
Recommend to contact the seller to ask what resin they normally include with their systems. If the resin they usually include isn't your choice, ask if it can be exchanged for your choice of an alternate resin offered (you may need to pay a cost difference, if any).

Ask too if they ship the various components individually so you will need to install the gravel and resin, or if everything is already assembled, ready for hook-up. If shipped individually, it should be easy to verify the resin brand as it will be in a separate bag or box.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks