Kitchen Renovation Cost Sanity Check

Users who are viewing this thread

sajesak

Reaction score
Hi,

I was hoping to get some people's experiences with recent kitchen renovation costs. I have a dated galley kitchen (think a longer, skinny room with 70s wood cabinets, sheet linoleum floors, roughly 200 square feet), and I was considering getting the kitchen demoed, floors tiled and some new cabinets put in (mostly just a cabinet swap, no moving appliances around). I've had one quote so far and a guy quoted me 65k (I live in west-ish GTA). No other quotes yet, takes a while due to COVID.

Includes demo, tiling, new custom cabinets, countertop, hood venting, a new railing (we have a backsplit and the basement stairs are off the kitchen), and any ancillary drywall, painting, electrical and plumbing work
Home Remodeling Vienna Va. Doesn't include the cost of the tile, which we already bought, or any appliances.

This seems kind of high to me? I've done some other reno work but I've never done a kitchen reno before. Do people have any of their own experiences to relay and what costs are kind of reasonable for this? If anyone has any recommendations for midrange kitchen renovators or any recommendations for how to approach this please chip in. I'm having a hard time and this is a big ticket!

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
You are asking about Toronto area?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks