Kitchen Faucet No Escutcheon Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Jb9

Reaction score
Hello,

I am about ready to install a Ruvati Apron sink so I'm preparing the cabinet box. I am looking for a good quality single handle faucet that can be installed without an escutcheon because I don't have a lot of room behind the sink.

A couple questions:

--Can someone recommend a decent single handle faucet with good reach that can be installed without the bulk/girth of an escutcheon?

-- Is it a bad idea to drill a hole in the rear flange of the sink to bring up the supply lines and mount the faucet?
Not worried about the warranty if it's doable.

-- Is it possible to mount a faucet to the side of a kitchen sink? I know it's not ideal from an ergonomics perspective.

Thanks in advance.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
We have had to mount a Grohe Ladylux Plus on a side countertop once and it is darn nice.
They are few and far between, maybe discontinued ?
Grohe 33759SD0 I found one here, but being stainless steel, pricey.
https://www.chicagofaucetshoppe.com/Grohe-33-759-SD0-p/gro-33759sd0.htm

They utilize a stiffener underneath the deck for stabilization because they have a good amount of cantilever.
They also are tightened from above, not below...using the included tool.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks