Keeping pine needles out of roof vent

Users who are viewing this thread

Pat G.

Reaction score
We have some major pine needle problems and I'm worried they'll get into my roof vent and clog it up. I haven't been able to find anything in the plumbing code about covering the roof vent to prevent this, can I do something as simple as creating an "inverted U" with a couple of elbows to keep the needles out?

Reach4

Reaction score
You could look for a mushroom vent cap. https://www.menards.com/main/p-1444449936459.htm
43805.jpg

Reaction score
I'm not sure if UPC applies to caps which are mostly cosmetic. You can use anything for a cap as long as it doesn't restrict or lessen the air flow of your attic vent, and you should be going up there at least once a year to inspect all things roof are good.

Once I used a perfectly fitted T-pipe on a vent, so things like pine needles can't drop into it by gravity, and has the two open sleeve ends for plenty of air flow.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks