JustAnswer.com, is it a scam site?

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I went to justanswer.com to ask a question about my Highlander, and picked the $5.00 dollar option. They also wanted to sell me a subscription for up to $50 a month to join. Nope. I just had one question before I brought it to my mechanic.
I paid the $5 for the question, for which they charged me for, then I got billed $15 more for a total of $20.00

Pretty crazy.

I haven't been charging for answers on this site, but if you want to click on an ad or two, that would be cool.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I'm not family with the site, but there are plenty of free websites, like this one with good info.
If your going to pay for information, the info better be good (and if it comes from a anyone other than the manufacture, it should be warrantied somehow). IMO.
ToyotaNation is pretty good. http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/207-highlander-forum/

You may also want to consider a subscription with AllData DIY for access to technical/repair manuals and technical service bulletins (TSBs) which is very handy if you do any of your auto repairs. It costs around $27/yr now (was $15 when I started using it) for full access to the shop manuals for a year (still a lot cheaper than buying a shop manual) http://www.alldatadiy.com/index.html

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
You should collect $10.00 for good solid answers and pay $5.00 to those who give good solid answers

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
They do bother you for a while to sign up for the program, but it seems to pass.

I did have a positive experience with them concerning a riding mower someone gave me. It would crank up but not stay cranked. The fellow that took my call knew exactly what the problem was, and told me how to diagnose it.

The dashpot that shuts off the fuel, located on the float bowl on the bottom of the carb, was defective. The guy knew whereof he spoketh. The part was unnecessarily expensive to my notion, but I found a new carb online with the needed part on it for a few bucks less than the bad part itself. I gave the tech a tip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks