Island Tub against wall

Users who are viewing this thread

oateydewalt

Reaction score
Im installing an island tub in a corner. The faucet and controls are inside the wall and the valve sticks out +/- 2". I have an OS&B drain kit to install. If I want the tub roughly 1/4" from the walls will I be able to angle the tub into the drain kit to clear the valve since I cant set it straight down into it. If not, are there any options to accomplish this. I could shut off the water and try to remove the valve and diverter stems that stick out maybe but its generic Amazon and I dont know for sure if it comes apart like I want.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
why wouldnt it work ? the valve presumeably is a foot above the tub rim maybe even more . remove nipple and tub spout . should not be a problem

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks