Is this too much direction change for trap arm?

Discussion in 'UPC Plumbing Code Questions' started by Chad_with_glued_fingers, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Chad_with_glued_fingers

Chad_with_glued_fingers New Member

Due to some strange waste constrains, I'm looking at roughing my tub trap arm like what is shown in the drawing. Looks like there's a maximum horizontal direction change of 90* for a 1.5" trap arm. What I don't know is if the wye combo (highlighted in drawing) is factored in to the trap arm direction change. If I run the tub trap arm as shown will I be breaking code?

Thanks
    FullSizeRender(1).jpg
    Chad

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Is everything in your drawing, except for the trap, horizontal with 1/4 inch per ft slope? Including the vent?

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Chad_with_glued_fingers

That's correct.

Chad

5. Chad_with_glued_fingers

I don't know how to interpret the one sentence on horizontal direction changes in trap arms in the Oregon State Plumbing Specialty Code. OSPSC is based on the UPC.
    code.jpg

Is a horizontally oriented wye-combo (that branches off of a wet vent) part of the 90* direction change limit?

Chad

6. clix

clix Member

Doesn't the vent need to go vertical before that 90* fitting (above the weir of the trap)? (Edit: nevermind, re-read your first response, I guess it's all horizontal but the trap should be twisted 90* into the page in the drawing.)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017