Is this the correct way to offset ? 2x street 45*s? Can’t line it up otherwise

Users who are viewing this thread

PepeLePue

Reaction score
As title says, is there any better way to line these up? I am lost on what my other options are. If this works going to send it. Just dry fit so far. Thanks in advance for your help

Attachments

• IMG_7187.jpeg
    IMG_7187.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7184.jpeg
    IMG_7184.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7186.jpeg
    IMG_7186.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7182.jpeg
    IMG_7182.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 42

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Depending on mfr's maximum elbow count and distance chart. I might try two long sweeps or even a street 90
my mistake, I thought you were talking about the pvc venting.

Last edited:

PepeLePue

Reaction score
Depending on mfr's maximum elbow count and distance chart. I might try two long sweeps or even a street 90
Are you saying street 90 coming off the ball valve? I have to move 2 directions aka 2 axis. up/down + left/right, so I would need 2 more 90s after the street. I would have come out further from the wall but then I block the exhaust. Easier to redirect the copper.

I tried a few different combinations using street 90s but it just looked funky with multiple 90s seemed less rough of a change with the 45s.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The copper configuration looks fine. If you have it connected without strain then you're good to go.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
cosmetic will work fine max elbow count manufacture recomendation never even heard of that , One 45 ok 2 45 no good nah dont worry

PepeLePue

Reaction score
I think Breplum was thinking the OP was asking about lining up the venting because it was not hooked up in the photo..

Ah- that makes more sense given maximum distance allowed on venting. I just had that in there as a guide for how much clearance I needed to leave. Hooking up the PVC last so easier to solder without obstructions.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Are you saying street 90 coming off the ball valve? I have to move 2 directions aka 2 axis. up/down + left/right, so I would need 2 more 90s after the street. I would have come out further from the wall but then I block the exhaust. Easier to redirect the copper.

I tried a few different combinations using street 90s but it just looked funky with multiple 90s seemed less rough of a change with the 45s.
my mistake, I thought you were talking about the pvc venting.
We only use corrugated stainless steel WH flex. So forgiving.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks