Is this a good alternative to a tub hair catcher?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark Ezrin

Reaction score
I came across this product and it seems like a good alternative to hair catchers.

I know one downside is that you can't use a drain stopper while in use. It begs the question of the risks of hair going down a drain.

The buildings I'd use it in are newer - post 2001 construction and not septic.

Thoughts please. Thanks.

Mark Ezrin

Reaction score
I don't really. But I know why some clogs happen in certain pipes. Thus my post. Thanks for the helpful response.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Id prefer to keep hair out of drains. I guess this funnel concept increses velocity so hair dosent gather around drain just a guess? Looks like a gimick Id love to hear back give it a try for a few years on a 100 units and share your feedback, but I think its a waste of time of cource never used it and probebly never will

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would rather pull hair from the strainer/drain area, than from inside of the piping God knows where. Just my opinion and I don't have much to back it up other than plumber intuition.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Id never use it either but dont mind if others do but not in my house only where Im getting paid !

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Only fully plastic drain systems can handle hair going down the drain.. and even then I'd worry about getting a clog.

The best hair catchers I've seen is the Tub Shroom. My GF has one and i've seen them in several clients homes too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks