Is there a pump protection box or pumpsaver for 10hp well pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

RichardH

Reaction score
We had two power outages 5 years apart and each time it killed the motor of our submerged well pump. I'm looking for something that will help prevent this from happening. I'm looking at the franklin electric pumptec box to protect our well pump from power irregularities, low water, etc. but the max HP pump it supports is 5HP. Our well pump is 10HP. Does anyone know of a similar protection box that can support a 10HP well motor? Thanks in advance

http://www.franklinwater.com/produc...iallight-commercial/pumptec-family/#OrderInfo

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The Submonitor is good. But probably all you need is an overload below the starter with single phase protection. Both of these things are assuming you have a three phase motor?

RichardH

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the great help. I'm not sure if my motor is single or 3 phase. This is the picture of our electrical box for the well.
Ao2aIrd
Ao2aIrd

Is there a good website to buy this online?

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Yes it is three phase. For voltage protection the Franklin Submonitor will work. But those are just old heater type overloads. Drop in one of the newer electronic overloads and it will have single phase protection. Brown outs and power outages should not damage the motor. But dropping one of those three phase will single phase the motor, which is what I think caused the failures.

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
You want a Symcom 777. They have been bought out by Littlefuse and they have an even newer version which I believe is the MP8000. I stock both of them

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Also looking at the picture I see there is a pressure switch attached to the starter box. If that pump is cycling on and off very much, it will burn the contacts in the starter and make it single phase and burn up from that. Cycling on and off too much would make more sense as to why you are losing motors on such a regular basis.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks